DOZZA E IL MURO DIPINTO

visita il sito della Fondazione Dozza Città d’Arte 

ROCCA DI DOZZA

R occa di Dozza is a monument of medieval origin, transformed by Caterina Sforza castle. During the Renaissance it was used as a residence for the noble will of Camping and Malvezzi, two powerful senatorial families of Bologna. The complex presents itself as a house museum which offers a visit organized on three routes: the medieval fortress and Renaissance, Residence Renaissance, Residence eighteenth century. The fine furniture, paintings and objects of historical Malvezzi-Campeggi decorate in a suggestive way the nine rooms on the main floor and the historic kitchen.

DOZZA

The Roman “CASTRUM DUCIAE” became in the Middle ages DUCIA, DUTIA, DUZA and finally the present DOZZA: all those names traced back to “doccia”, a water pipe where the water flows, a precious good for those lands; the lack of water in the substratum characterised its name and its history up to the toponym of the churches (S. Maria Assunta in Piscina, S.Lorenzo in Piscerano).

The fortress and the small fortress with the “rivellino” (typical military fortification with 2 detached sides which rises up to the inner escarpment) belong to the 13th century. Later, during the period of lordships (15th and 16th century) Dozza was ruled before by Caterina Sforza who gave the present look to the Fortress, and since the end of the 16th century started to be ruled by the marquis Campeggi-Malvezzi, who stressed the military side: seventeenth-century and eighteenth-century portraits of members of the 2 families can be found inside the fortress, where you should also visit the room of tortures, the old prisons and the striking kitchen.

The old structure of the medieval village of Dozza, unchanged during the centuries, was restored around 2000 in order to preserve it, in particular the cobblestones of the central street XX Settembre, which allowed to reopen the old loopholes, retrieve the old fountain and dig up a big olla of the end of 1800, now visible at the entrance of the fortress and acquired by the township in 1960.

ROCCA SFORZESCA DI IMOLA

The fortress, built in 1261, is one of the finest examples of Renaissance fortress in the region. There are many guests who welcomed within the walls: Niccolò Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, Cesare Borgia, Leonardo da Vinci. The latter, from the towers, designed in 1502, the famous plant in Imola, now kept at the Royal Library in London. To enrich the museum collection are a rare collection of ancient weapons and a prestigious setting of Medieval and Renaissance ceramics.

BIBLIOTECA DI IMOLA

The Library of Imola originates from the library of Minor Conventual in Imola. The initiative to create a library inside the Franciscan monastery is due to the father Giuseppe Maria Setti, who, in the mid-eighteenth century, bound his income to building and maintaining a library, still preserved in its original form elegant eighteenth-century . During the French presence, the religious library was confiscated to the Friars Minor and addressed to the City, at this time came together in San Francisco, following requisitions made to the suppressed religious, ecclesiastical Imola other libraries, including those of the Capuchins, Jesuits, the Dominicans, the Carmelites, the Seminary. The library, called “national”, was opened to the public on January 11, 1799 at a public ceremony.

PALAZZO TOZZONI DI IMOLA

The dynasty of the accounts Tozzoni is an example of well-preserved mansion. Lived for centuries by local aristocratic families then became a public museum. Still preserves its furniture and furnishings, as well to others a late-baroque architecture. The exhibition runs through rich environments such as the sumptuous Baroque Apartment, the main staircase adorned with statues by Cosimo Morelli, prestigious collections of paintings, collections of prints, medals, plaster and ceramics. The cellars and kitchens of the palace, also visited, home to a rich collection of tools and equipment of local civilization of great historical interest.

MUSEO DI SAN DOMENICO DI IMOLA

The gallery started in the mid nineteenth century and placed in the cloister of the former monastery of Saints Nicholas and Dominic, stands the church, and contains paintings of various periods and schools. Inside are works of Innocenzo da Imola, Lavinia Fontana, Bartolomeo Cesi, A. Margotti, M. G. Dal Monte and G. Sartelli, in the contemporary art alongside works by Guttuso, De Pisis, Casorati. The Museum of Archaeology and Natural G. Scarabelli finds from Paleolithic settlements and Bronze Age sites.

PALAZZO E PONTE ALIDOSI DI CASTEL DEL RIO

The fortified palace Alidosi (XVI c.), seat of the municipality, contains the Renaissance Cortiletto of the three fountains, loggia supported by three columns and frescoes by Giuseppe Pasini. Inside you can visit the Chestnut Museum and the War Museum, with over a thousand artifacts from the war of the two world wars. The basement houses the Cantinaccia, a place of tourist accommodation, sale, tasting of local products. The Alidosi Bridge, a true masterpiece of civil engineering, proclaimed a national monument in 1897, has a structure in humpback with a single arch of 42 meters and a 19 meter high.

MONTECATONE REHABILITATION INSTITUTE

The bed & breakfast in Dozza is located a few kilometers from Hospital Montecatone, which specializes in health care for the treatment of patients in critical condition, treatment and Spinal Cord Injury Treatment of severe brain injury.

IN PARTICULAR FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND THEIR COMPANIONS WHO ARE PLAYNG PERIODIC CYCLES AT THE CLOSE OF REHABILITATION MINTECATONE  REHABILITATION INSTITUTE SPA WILL AGREE PARTICULARLY ATTRACTIVE RATES UP TO A 30% DISCOUNT